Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 50 exploration and production licences across 11 countries.
We are looking to hire an Employment Tax and Reward Advisor on a permanent basis. This role is based out of our Chiswick office in London, with the candidate benefiting from Tullow’s Smart Working scheme.
Reporting to the Reward Manager, this role will deliver Employment Tax Compliance for the Tullow Group, ensuring robust compliance processes for permanent, contractor and internationally mobile employees across the organisation.
The Successful Candidate Will Be Responsible For
• Developing a robust employment tax compliance strategy in conjunction with Group Head of HR, Group Head of Tax and Reward Manager. Communicate strategy to key stakeholders and audit implementation;
• Identifying and implementing employment tax compliance process improvements, ensuring effective controls are maintained while highlighting any risk areas with plans for mitigation. Communicating risks to key stakeholders;
• Developing policy in respect of new country entry to ensure all employment related matters are implemented in the most effective and compliant manner.
• Supporting global tax team and business teams on all employment tax matters and advise in the case of audit or tax disputes
• Communicating key changes in employment taxes to stakeholders and advise on the cost implications where relevant;
• Ensuring the tax aspects of the Contractor population are effectively managed within the requirements of the business.
• Supporting the Reward Manager on aspects of Global Mobility, Company Share Plans, Payroll and Company Pensions
Ideally you will be Degree and ACA/CTA qualified or have equivalent tax management experience. Experience commensurate with a Manager level in a professional services firm or similar experience gained in-house. You will also be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
• Previous experience of providing international employment tax advice to clients, Africa experience an advantage.
• A broad UK employment tax technical background including expatiate taxation, share plans, pensions, IR35 etc. including domestic and international aspects of employment taxes.
• Developing a robust employment tax compliance strategy.
• Identifying and implementing employment tax compliance process improvements.
• Attention to detail.
• Good MS Office skills.
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
A performance-driven culture that generates results.
A commitment to your personal and professional development.
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.
Applying and More Information
To apply, or for more information, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Liam Mason, with the subject: Employment Tax Advisor vacancy.