Define Your Potential
Thank you for considering Vertex Inc, and we are excited about the opportunity to learn more about you, and help you define your potential contributions at Vertex! Our goal is to find new team members that work to help our clients unleash the strategic potential of VAT worldwide.
We are the leading and most trusted provider of comprehensive, integrated tax technology solutions for corporations worldwide. Since 1978, over 10,000 corporate customers have relied on Vertex, the leading provider of corporate tax software and services for companies of all sizes, from small to medium-sized businesses to global multinationals.
Vertex is considered a premier partner to Oracle, SAP, and works closely with the Big 4 and other leading software providers, as well as tax and accounting firms to provide the most integrated enterprise tax technology solutions available today.
We have enjoyed workplace and business recognitions including Philly.com’s Top Places to Work for three years in a row, Working Mother 100 Best Companies, and SmartCEO's Philadelphia Corporate Culture Award. Known for our innovative culture, Vertex is a privately held company that employs over 850 professionals across the globe, at its headquarters in the U.S. (Berwyn, Pa.) and offices in Europe (London), Brazil (São Paulo), Naperville, and Sarasota.
Vertex is looking for a Tax Research Analyst that will work closely with the Tax Research and Product Development teams. The Tax Analyst will analyze VAT requirements and implement those during monthly updates in the Vertex® Indirect Tax products. He/she will contribute to the development of requirements for new tax functionality. Candidate will reside in any of the existing locations in Europe (Netherlands, Belgium, UK, or Germany). This role will appeal to a detail oriented, creative thinker that enjoys problem solving and is interested in tax software/technology. Understanding of VAT information and the ability to determine how they apply to the products is desirable but not a must. We will train you on the tax aspects of the position.
In this role, you will assume responsibility for:
- Monitoring changes in VAT legislation on a continuous basis.
- Implementation of VAT changes, like rates, rules and reporting requirements, within our software.
- Design and execute test scenarios in the product to ensure accuracy and functionality for a variety of taxpayers.
- Communication with third party service providers and local tax authorities to obtain requirements related to VAT rates and rules and reporting obligations.
- Review, validate, standardize and document already existing rules in our software.
- Write content for the product’s user guides and other customer facing documentation.
- Review, assess impact, and resolve customer issues.
- Communicate to workgroup and product team the changes and impact to product.
- Develop business requirements for product enhancement and test resulting functionality for accuracy.
- Brainstorm with the Product Development team on data and program solutions to achieve desired output in the product.
- Complete work within monthly and project deadlines defined by the product team.
Qualifications – External/Internal
Education & Training:
- Demonstrated international VAT knowledge is a plus
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
products is desirable
- Strong aptitude for detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong time management and ability to meet deadlines
We encourage individuals possessing all the following minimum qualifications to apply immediately:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Taxation, Maths or related discipline
- 5+ years of general business experience is strongly desired
- Understanding of tax information and the ability to formulate interpretations and determine how they apply to Vertex
- Exceptional analytical and logical problem-solving skills
- Comfortable learning customized software applications
- Must have excellent communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, team-based environment and be able to adapt to changing and multiple priorities
- Experience using Windows-based software applications including MS Office Suite (Access, Excel, Word) and Internet applications
Our talent acquisition team will guide you through our selection process, which will include an opportunity for you and us to gain a full understanding of each other's potential for the future. We will communicate an update on your status as soon as possible.
The Talent Acquisition team member guiding you through this process is Craig Single. Craig joined Vertex in February 2017, after spending time in higher education career services and recruiting at a professional services firm.
Vertex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
While performing the duties of this job, the work environment may require an individual to be able to sit or be stationary at a computer and use computers for extended periods of time and move freely between buildings. Additionally drive between office locations (Berwyn, King of Prussia and Chesterbrook, PA).
*Search Firm/Agency Representatives Please Read Carefully: Vertex Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Vertex Inc. via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Vertex Inc. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vertex Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.*