Tax Manager – International Law Firm
City of London
£60k + bens
Simpson Booth are representing an International Law Firm based in the City who are looking to recruit a Tax Manager to be part of their in-house tax team. The role is extremely varied and focused on ensuring the firm continues to meet its global tax reporting obligations. With over 1,200 lawyers in offices across Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and N/America you will have excellent prospects for progression and world-class support to achieve your ambitions.
• Planning, facilitating and coordinating tax compliance for partners across the global firm. Includes information gathering, preparation and review of returns, and provision of information both internally and externally to ensure efficient and timely submission. Core portfolio comprises UK tax returns for c.80 UK resident partners.
• Assisting in the preparation of the annual UK composite tax return (which reports the combined UK profits of non-UK resident partners on a single personal tax return).
• Responding to ad-hoc compliance and planning queries from partners, undertaking research as necessary to support conclusions.
• Ad-hoc advice on employee tax issues and compliance, including preparation of annual P11Ds and aspects arising from international mobility.
• Maintaining CCH tax software for the team, including management of upgrades.
• Ensuring technical knowledge is kept up-to-date and sharing knowledge across the team.
To be considered for this role you will ideally have several years of personal tax experience or expat tax with a Top 20 accountancy firm or the in-house tax team of a Professional Services firm. You will have a solid understanding of International tax aspects & tax reserving preferred. ACA/ACCA/CTA qualified with very strong excel skills and broad compliance & advisory experience on partner and employee tax issues. It is a hi-visibility role and you will therefore need to be articulate and professional in dealings with partners and other key stakeholders across the global firm. You will need excellent communication skills and a strong client service ethos – willingness to go the extra mile.
This is a fantastic in-house opportunity with plenty of progression.