Your new company
I'm working with a leading renewable energy company headquartered in London. Whilst investing in the Americas and Europe the group has a plan in place to become one of the largest and best in class renewable energy investors. The balanced and diversified portfolio currently comprises 45 projects including onshore wind projects, solar projects and 5 projects under development in Mexico.
Your new role
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Tax Manager to join a dynamic team in what is a multi-national, growth-oriented organisation. The group is moving its UK tax compliance in-house and this is an opportunity to be involved from the start. There will also be the opportunity to obtain significant experience in international tax planning and compliance.
This is a newly created position based in the head office in London. The role will be reporting to the Tax Director who is also based in London.
Key accountabilities include but are not limited to:
* Primary responsibility the preparation of the UK tax returns, claims and elections, statutory accounts provisioning for approximately 36 entities with associated tax planning work;
* Coordination of overseas tax compliance work to ensure it is done on a timely basis which will involve dealing with overseas advisers and finance managers;
* Assistance with the preparation, coordination and review of transfer pricing documentation across the group which will involve liaison with overseas tax advisors;
* Primary responsibility for dealing with tax audit enquiries in the UK and providing assistance to overseas finance managers and advisers in relation to overseas tax audits;
* Provision of tax advisory work across the group, which will include working with the Tax Director on projects including, but not limited to, the acquisition and disposal of new renewable energy projects globally, corporate restructuring, group financing, transfer pricing planning;
* Review of the quarterly tax returns for four UK VAT groups.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will have:
* Degree educated with a tax/accounting background (professional accounting and/or qualification such as ICAEW, CTA etc. ADIT would be a plus);
* Fluent in English, a working knowledge of Spanish, Italian and/or Portuguese would be useful but is not essential;
* Prior experience of working at tax manager level in industry or an accounting firm with international exposure;
* Working knowledge of UK tax preparation software;
* Experience of working in or with either the renewables or energy industry would be advantageous;
* Technically competent and familiar with UK tax legislation with some cross-border experience;
* Have experience of working in a fast paced, international business;
* Have strong Microsoft office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint;
* Strong communication skills and a track record of delivering to agreed timetables; and
* Must have right to work in the UK.