An exciting opportunity to join one of the largest worldwide general trading companies within their corporate tax division.
Reporting to the Head of Tax, you will manage the delivery of direct tax services - responsibility for UK corporate tax compliance, IFRS reporting, direct tax advice, transfer pricing, governance and risk management and leading relationships with relevant stakeholders.
The role has one direct report - a Corporate Tax Specialist, recruitment of whom will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
UK Compliance including reporting:
* Planning, co-ordinating and managing the delivery of Corporate Tax compliance (Tax Computations and Returns, Quarterly Tax Payments and Tax Enquiries)
* Planning, co-ordinating and managing quarterly, semi-annual and annual tax accounting for IFRS results reporting.
* Planning, co-ordinating and managing annual tax reporting for UK standalone financial statements.
* Monitoring tax compliance (Tax Returns and Tax Payments) for Non UK Companies within the EMEA-CIS region.
* Supporting businesses with the preparation of the Transfer Pricing documentation for each relevant UK company and ensuring the documentation is up-to-date.
* Managing the technical reporting requirements under the corporate interest restriction provisions and other legislative changes as announced as part of the Base Erosion and Profit Shifting measures.
* Supporting the Head of Tax in ensuring the UK group of companies meet their obligations.
* Managing the provision of complex UK corporate tax advisory services, including international tax related matters, to our businesses wherever based.
* Providing tax advice and tax research on projects including the acquisition of new, and disposal of existing, investments across the EMEA-CIS region.
* Providing tax advice and tax research with respect to new and existing business models.
* Providing international tax advice, such as advice in respect of cross border operating models, withholding taxes, and capital structure optimisation.
* Providing assistance and support for non-UK Tax Audits as required.
* The candidate will have worked in industry or practice and have experience of diverse multinational operations.
* An excellent communicator - confident and articulate in order to support the business and deal effectively with advisors.
* Strong direct tax compliance background preferred.
* Strong international tax and transfer pricing experience, and experience of dealing with the tax aspects of acquisitions.
* Ability to understand commercial transactions and communicate the tax issues to non-tax people.
* Experience of managing and motivating staff.
* ACA/ACCA qualified
* CTA qualified
Excellent package and career progression.