A global sports media brand based just West of central London has a newly created opportunity for an indirect tax manager, looking for a step up in process management responsibilities and the opportunity for line management responsibilities.
This is a highly acquisitive business that has been on a recent run of picking up smaller businesses across Europe, expanding their scope and reach. The finance function has recently been transformed into a fully fledged group function, and as such they now have a need for someone to take control of all indirect tax matters, with three analysts reporting directly in.
- Own global VAT compliance, reviewing the UK VAT returns and liaising with localised service providers
- Review and transform the VAT compliance process in line with up-coming legislation, inclusive of MTD
- Act as subject matter expert for indirect taxes in the group, being the ‘go-to’ person for queries
- Provide input on the on-going systems transformation to ensure the functions requirements are met
- Maintain full-scope knowledge of all changes to indirect tax legislations for the UK and work closely with localised advisors on international indirect tax matters
You will ideally already have some in-house experience (sector experience isn’t necessary) and come from either Big 4/Top tier, HMRC or trained in industry.
Knowledge of UK & Ireland is essential, previous exposure to European indirect tax matters would be beneficial and global VAT experience a plus.
Process improvement is a large part of this role, so previous experience would be helpful or the ability to demonstrate this as a core strength.
Although this role has three direct reports, previous line management experience is not required and the client would consider candidates from stand-alone roles.
For more details, apply to james young