Our client is a large UK focused, home building group headquartered in Doncaster. The finance team seek a qualified tax professional (ACA, ICAS or CTA) to work as a key member of the Central Finance team reporting to the Deputy Group Financial Controller , with responsibility for the strategic and day to day tax affairs of the group. There is also the chance to become involved in corporate finance and treasury work. This is a growing business with plenty of scope for development in the role. Your responsibilities will include:
• Helping review and evolve tax strategy of the group to establish processes, frameworks and systems across all tax disciplines.
• Ensure systems and processes remain tax sensitised through review and monitoring, working with external advisors and the finance and legal teams to ensure the group responds appropriately to changes in tax legislation.
• Ensure that adequate documentation is maintained relating to decisions made impacting on the tax status of the group.
• Ensure Tax compliance obligations are met in a timely manner, maintaining good relationships with professional advisers (providing information to advisors so they can prepare tax computations, tax returns and tax accounting workings).
• Provide frameworks, policies, guidance and direct support on indirect tax treatment of land development contracts and other construction specific scenarios.
• Management of the tax elements of SAO for the group.
• Dealing with tax queries from the business.
• Assisting the broader finance team with due diligence on transactions.
• Day to day management of the group’s relationship with HMRC.
• Management of the direct and indirect tax for the Group.
• Generally being the ‘go to person’ for tax in the business.
It is likely that you will have trained in corporate tax in either a large accountancy firm or in-house. Some experience of VAT and indirect tax would be an advantage as would experience of contractors and the construction industry. You will need sound communication skills and the ability to work both autonomously and part of a team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to move into their first in-house role or to make the step up to Group Tax Manager. Training provided to develop your treasury and indirect tax experience.
Salary in the range £45,000 to £55,000 dependent on experience and qualifications.